background

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pursuit of Truth

In my pursuit of truth, I asked God, "If I find the truth, what am I to do with it?" This same question was asked by a prophet named Habakkuk. God answered him in the same way he answered me. Like me, Habakkuk was on a journey, a quest, for the true nature of the things of God. The concept of Habakkuk's journal of his & God's relationship is trying to grow from a faith of perplexity and doubt to the height of absolute trust in God. The prophet Habakkuk's name comes from the Hebrew word "khavak" meaning "embrace". I believe that his life was meant to embrace God and His Truth. Read on to find out God's answer to Habakkuk's question. "What's God going to say to my questions? I'm braced for the worst. I'll climb to the lookout tower and scan the horizon. I'll wait to see what God says, how he'll answer my complaint." And then God answered: "Write this, Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision, this message is a witness pointing to what's coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn't lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It's on its way. It will come right on time." This excerpt is from the Message, Habakkuk Two Verses One through Three.





God tells the prophet to write, write what you see, what you hear, what you experience with God, to write it in big block letters so that others can see the truth as well. My purpose in writing this blog is simply this: that you who believe in God's Son will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have eternal life, the reality and not the illusion. And how bold and free we then become in his presence, freely asking according to his will, sure that he's listening. And if we're confident that he's listening, we know that what we've asked for is as good as ours. First John Five Verses Thirteen through Fifteen

No comments:

Post a Comment